[MlMt] Finger slip deleted a mailbox - how recover?

Tue Mar 26 08:41:51 EDT 2019

On 4 Mar 2019, at 21:13, Marc ARC wrote:

> Since I also had the experience of moving unintentionally/accidentally
> a large mailbox :-) ( and I’m not the only one at the company )
>
> I was wondering if it wouldn’t be an idea to move mailboxes only by
> alt-dragging them.

The problem is that this is not easily discovered by users.

But I do accept the premise that the consequences of an unintentional
move can be a big problem. I think it might be best if I simply added
some kind of “are you sure” warning when moving IMAP mailboxes.
Naturally, that should include an option to suppress it. Something
similar already exists for deleting IMAP mailboxes.

(It would also help if MailMate was better at moving IMAP mailboxes
efficiently which is currently not always the case.)