[MlMt] Links to email messages

Florian Heidenreich fheidenreich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:44:48 EST 2019

On 31 Jan 2019, at 16:37, John Cooper wrote:

> Florian Heidenreich wrote (at 2:23 on 31 Jan 2019):
>
>> I’m often keeping track of specific conversations by creating a
>> link to a specific email in another program by dragging the email to
>> this program.
>
> This is meant as a general question, and not something for Florian
> alone to answer: would you describe a situation in which you use this
> kind of link?

I’m a software developer and I often get emails from users describing
feature requests or support issues. Some emails I can answer right away,
others involve a little bit more work. Some others even cover issues
that are not common to one person only, but mentioned by several people.

I keep a local system where I keep track of the emails regarding a
specific topic that requires some action. I can give a descriptive title
or some additional personal notes. Most of the time, it’s developing a
new feature or resolving an issue and having the linked emails both as a
references to the request/issue and a way to follow-up on those things
once they’re resolved.

Maybe it’s a use case that’s very specific to me, but maybe not. I
like that I don’t need to copy email contents or addresses and have a
direct link into my mailbox.

Kind regards
— Florian