[MlMt] How do I disable external links in mailmate?

Wed Jan 30 08:17:47 EST 2019

On 25 Jan 2019, at 8:22, henio.jawa at gmail.com wrote:

> Is there any way (hidden preference ?) to disable external links in
> MailMate?

Not in general. Some autolinking can be disabled like this (but it's not
much):

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate @"MmAutoLinkPlainTextURLsInHTML"
-bool NO

> Maybe an additional window confirming the opening of the link page?

That would probably be better than making the links non-clickable. I'll
give this some thought -- my guess is that anyone using this would also
quickly want such a feature to be able to remember “safe”
domains/patterns.

> It is now too easy to start the link, especially when it has to set
> the cursor over it to see the content.

Unrelated, but I always disable “Tap to Click” for the trackpad
since otherwise I'll accidentally hit something every minute (apparently
I have erratic finger movements ;) ).