[MlMt] Too many bounces?

Mon Jan 28 10:03:28 EST 2019

On 28 Jan 2019, at 14:36, Alexandru Nedelcu wrote:

> > The issue seems to at least partly be caused by at least 1 user
> using the DMARC `reject` option. All users on email servers which
> respect this option (Gmail, iCloud, ...) are going to bounce emails
> from such a user. These bounces are going to add up on my server
> (there's a MailMan score system for this) and when it reaches a
> certain limit they are “unsubscribed” (they are actually only
> disabled at first).
>
> Speaking for myself, I am (was) such a user with a `reject` policy
> specified in DMARC.
>
> I would appreciate if you reconfigured the mailing list to be
> compliant with such a policy.

It's on my list. “Compliant” is probably a strong word. It's
probably going to be more like a “workaround”. The solution is
likely to be what I believe is called From munging. Luckily, I control
the email client used by most users of this list which means that this
might also be an opportunity to improve MailMate behavior when faced
with munged From headers :)

> In the meantime I have configured a subdomain with relaxed SPF/DMARC
> rules and resubscribed with an email address that shouldn't cause any
> more problems.

Thanks! At least you'll know that all list members will get your emails
now.