[MlMt] slow/laggy UI behavior after updating from 10.13.6 -> 10.14.2

Michael Dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:38:38 EST 2019

On 11 Jan 2019, at 17:56, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> I know you said other Apps aren't experiencing this, but there's been
> reports of bugginess in one of MacOS' spell-correction related
> processes (in both High Sierra and Mojave).  Perhaps the upgrade to
> Mojave tweaked your spellcheck options and exposed you to this issue.
>
> Check and disable the Spelling and Grammar options in the Edit menu of
> MM and see if that helps.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately disabling those options does
not appear to have made a difference.  Even replying to this message
took about 3 seconds for the new/reply message window to actually open
after selecting the message and typing cmmd+R, and a SWOD was actually
briefly displayed while typing this as the display of the entered text
caught up.  I’m not seeing this behavior in any other apps though
(even other third-party apps with check-spelling-as-you-type enabled)
though, unfortunately just MM it seems.  Thanks for the suggestion
though; I had not considered that possibility.

--
-- Michael Dunston
-- Recording and Production