[MlMt] Lost smart folders

Rothaar rothaar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:00:46 EST 2019

The other day, I restarted Mailmate to try and debug a strange behavior with SpamSieve, which I was trying to use for the first time.

When MailMate came back up, all of my smart folders had disappeared and MailMate would no longer connect to my accounts. I have a lot of value in those smart folders so I am eager to get them back! I have various backups but haven’t been able to figure out what to do to repair my situation.

The most obvious thing to do seemed to be to pull up an old copy of Mailboxes.plist, and this was promising because I could see all my old smart folders and associated rules in there. However, replacing this file did nothing. I’ve searched the archives and tried a few other things but nothing seems to fit.

Suggestions? What should I be pulling from my backup, or is there a different approach?

I am using Version 1.12.3 (5579) on macOS 10.14.2.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad