[MlMt] mailmate no longer fetching updated to folders

Sat Dec 21 03:13:38 EST 2019

On 21 Dec 2019, at 8:39, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>> I was seeing the same thing and noticed that my Gmail account was
>> marked as “Throttled”.
>
> yeah - throttling is what caused this - i simply just didn't see it
> since my mailbox window was too narrow to see the "Throttled" part.
>
> Whats frustrating is that I've now been throttled for ~10 days which
> just doesn’t seem right - especially as I'm receiving way less email
> these days than in the past ;/

That's bad news. I guess this might mean that your INBOX does somehow
use a lot of bandwidth. Maybe because of some kind of MailMate bug. This
is unlikely though *if* the INBOX does not have a persistent spinner
*and* it's using a bolded font most of the time (under Sources in the
mailbox list). The so-called IDLE state used for the INBOX should use
very little bandwidth.

The only other thing I can think of is if you still have 1 or more other
mailboxes online, in particular, “[Gmail]/All Mail”.

If possible, maybe some time during this weekend, take the account
completely offline for as long as possible.

Also make sure you don't have other email clients, possibly on other
devices, accessing the Gmail account.

I don't believe it applies to bandwidth issues, but some other Gmail
issues only resolve by logging in using webmail. That might be worth a
try.

>> I upgraded to the test release (r3672), restarted MailMate, and the
>> problem seems to have gone away.
>
> I'm on 5672 already ;/

For throttling issues, updating also won't make a difference. I haven't
changed anything related to this.

For the record (for the mailing list archive), the bandwidth limits
involved in Gmail throttling can be found
[here](https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en). It's
currently 2500 MB (IMAP download) per day. (The same page contains some
general Gmail recommendations.)