[MlMt] mailmate no longer fetching updated to folders

Max Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 03:44:25 EST 2019

yeah, I'll use the xmas break to shutdown mailmate completely and I've also
nuked my gmail app passwords that I use for my imapfilter based
filtering...just in case I somehow still have a filtering running somewhere
that somehow ran amok ;)

weird is that I've been running this setup for close to 5+ years now so i'm
really puzzled.

wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2019, at 8:39, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
> I was seeing the same thing and noticed that my Gmail account was marked
> as “Throttled”.
>
> yeah - throttling is what caused this - i simply just didn't see it since
> my mailbox window was too narrow to see the "Throttled" part.
>
> Whats frustrating is that I've now been throttled for ~10 days which just
> doesn’t seem right - especially as I'm receiving way less email these days
> than in the past ;/
>
> That's bad news. I guess this might mean that your INBOX does somehow use
> a lot of bandwidth. Maybe because of some kind of MailMate bug. This is
> unlikely though *if* the INBOX does not have a persistent spinner *and*
> it's using a bolded font most of the time (under Sources in the mailbox
> list). The so-called IDLE state used for the INBOX should use very little
> bandwidth.
>
> The only other thing I can think of is if you still have 1 or more other
> mailboxes online, in particular, “[Gmail]/All Mail”.
>
> If possible, maybe some time during this weekend, take the account
> completely offline for as long as possible.
>
> Also make sure you don't have other email clients, possibly on other
> devices, accessing the Gmail account.
>
> I don't believe it applies to bandwidth issues, but some other Gmail
> issues only resolve by logging in using webmail. That might be worth a try.
>
> I upgraded to the test release (r3672), restarted MailMate, and the
> problem seems to have gone away.
>
> I'm on 5672 already ;/
>
> For throttling issues, updating also won't make a difference. I haven't
> changed anything related to this.
>
> For the record (for the mailing list archive), the bandwidth limits
> involved in Gmail throttling can be found here
> <https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en>. It's currently 2500
> MB (IMAP download) per day. (The same page contains some general Gmail
> recommendations.)
>
> --
> Benny

/max