[MlMt] attachment in headers display

Verdon Vaillancourt verdonv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 10:49:10 EDT 2019

On 24 Apr 2019, at 10:38, Randall Gellens wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2019, at 5:27, Zvi Biener wrote:
>
>> Apologies for being unclear. By "headers display", I mean the set of
>> information that you can alter through the View->Headers menu.
>> "Attachment information" would be, well, information about
>> attachments. Their number and names, for example.
>>
>> I am also skeptical that this can be accessed through the relevant
>> plist for View->Headers, but worth asking.
>
> There is no standardized top-level header field for attachment
> information.  A message with attachments has a top-level Content-Type
> header field of multipart; each attachment is a body part with a
> Content-Type header field and typically an Attachment-Disposition
> header field indicating if the attachment is intended to be displayed
> in-line versus handled as a classic attachment.  So I don't think
> attachment information logically belongs in the header view.
>
> However, MailMate does have options to display information about each
> attachment either at the top or bottom of a message.  There is also
> the ability to display a paperclip icon for a message with an
> attachment in the table of contents view.  If you right-click a
> message in the table of contents view, MailMate has some contextual
> menu items for attachments, including quick view and save.
>
> --Randall

Related to this, but not concerning attachments…

Is there a low-level way to hack what is displayed in the header area of
a message view? Specifically, the company I work for uses gmail
corporate, and a lot of  ‘delegation’ access to special accounts. In
other words, I can login to my account and have access to send and
receive on behalf of some generic accounts like support@ and info@ and
so on. People using the gmail browser client can see what delegate was
sending on behalf of that account. I of course cannot see that in
MailMate. The delegate information is an extra field in the message’s
header.

Best rgds,
Verdon