[MlMt] attachment in headers display

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Wed Apr 24 10:38:06 EDT 2019

On 24 Apr 2019, at 5:27, Zvi Biener wrote:

> Apologies for being unclear. By "headers display", I mean the set of
> information that you can alter through the View->Headers menu.
> "Attachment information" would be, well, information about
> attachments. Their number and names, for example.
>
> I am also skeptical that this can be accessed through the relevant
> plist for View->Headers, but worth asking.

There is no standardized top-level header field for attachment
information.  A message with attachments has a top-level Content-Type
header field of multipart; each attachment is a body part with a
Content-Type header field and typically an Attachment-Disposition header
field indicating if the attachment is intended to be displayed in-line
versus handled as a classic attachment.  So I don't think attachment
information logically belongs in the header view.

However, MailMate does have options to display information about each
attachment either at the top or bottom of a message.  There is also the
ability to display a paperclip icon for a message with an attachment in
the table of contents view.  If you right-click a message in the table
of contents view, MailMate has some contextual menu items for
attachments, including quick view and save.

--Randall