[MlMt] Adding header fields to message view (was " attachment in headers display")

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Wed Apr 24 11:23:59 EDT 2019

On 24 Apr 2019, at 7:49, Verdon Vaillancourt wrote:

> Related to this, but not concerning attachments…
>
> Is there a low-level way to hack what is displayed in the header area
> of a message view? Specifically, the company I work for uses gmail
> corporate, and a lot of  ‘delegation’ access to special accounts.
> In other words, I can login to my account and have access to send and
> receive on behalf of some generic accounts like support@ and info@ and
> so on. People using the gmail browser client can see what delegate was
> sending on behalf of that account. I of course cannot see that in
> MailMate. The delegate information is an extra field in the
> message’s header.

You want to add a specific header field to the set that is shown in a
message view?  That seems very useful.  I don't see an easy way to do
that.  Perhaps someone else on the list can answer.  (It might be
possible to edit the MmMessagesWebView/stylesheet.css, as mentioned in
https://manual.mailmate-app.com/customization, but I don't know and have
never done it).

The View -> Show Raw Message command will show all header fields, but
likely this isn't what you want.

--Randall