[MlMt] MM crashes sometimes

Fri Apr 5 10:22:22 EDT 2019

On 3 Apr 2019, at 15:59, Michael Nietzold wrote:

> in the last days (i don't know exactly when it starts) i have
> sometimes a MM crashing with the "Beachball Of Death"(TM) and i have
> to kill it.

There's a known (unresolved) issue where MailMate hangs after a period
of display sleep. In that case I'd like you to also try using the latest
test release: Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the
Software Update preferences pane.

> i don't see when it exactly crashed. most times i think after i
> clicked a link and i come back from chrome to MM - then MM not
> responds.
>
> how can i help with logfiles? crashreports?

Make sure you have enabled sending crash reports with the setting in the
General preferences pane. Preferably with a contact email address.

With respect to hanging then additional details can be sent using
“Help ▸ Send Feedback”. In particular, Activity Monitor, or the
following Terminal command can be used to generate a sample file:

     sample MailMate 10 | ~/Desktop/sample_mailmate.txt