[MlMt] More MailMate woes

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Thu Sep 20 16:36:54 EDT 2018

After the SpamSieve drone fiasco I mentioned yesterday, I'm not so sure
I am as much at fault as I thought; I'm happy to be proven wrong, if I
can figure out what's going on.

Said SpamSieve drone was a completely new installation, so I don't think
it has anything to do with "leftover" data.  But what was happening was,
just about all messages were ending up in my Spam mailbox, even messages
I get regularly from senders that I've been getting for years with no
problem.

I investigated further today, and every messages in the Spam mailbox had
these headers (inserted by DreamHost's anti-spam service, which I am
unable to disable):

The values varied, of course, but the one constant was, every message
that had a non-zero X-VR-SCORE (which was most of them, like 90+%) was
moved to the spam mailbox.  Now, after disabling the drone, I'm getting
all the messages filtered (locally) into the correct mailboxes, but
still all those non-zero scored messages have the yellow header with
buttons.

I can only assume that MailMate is heeding these X-VR-* headers and
considering every message with a non-zero score as "spammy", yielding
the yellow banner and buttons.  Is this correct?

If so...has there been a recent change in MM that might affect this?  (I
can't recall when I last updated, but this issue "coincidentally"
started after my aforementioned SpamSieve drone problem, but since I've
now eliminated SpamSieve from the equation, now I I'm sure what to
think.

I'm about to completely nuke my MM installation and start from scratch,
just in case I've mucked up something unbeknownst to me, so if anyone
has ideas that can save me from that pain, I'd appreciate it!

randy