[MlMt] Distortion mode for a single message

Fri Sep 7 11:40:50 EDT 2018

On 6 Sep 2018, at 12:40, Anton Zuenko wrote:

> I have some messages in my mailbox that I’d rather hide from the
> eyes of others. One of the solutions would be to move them in a
> specific folder, but there’s always a small probability that the
> message may reappear somewhere in filtering results or in a smart
> mailbox. I think the ability to use distortion for selected messages
> is the solution. I wonder if there’s a way to enable it in the
> latest release, or, if not, would it be hard to add it as an
> experimental feature?

No, distortion was implemented for the purpose of more easily/safely
taking screenshots. It's definitely not something which can be used to
prevent others from viewing specific emails if they have access to your
account/machine. I've considered a feature which would allow the user to
encrypt incoming emails (and replace them on the server). Such a feature
could be designed to allow a subset of emails to only be viewed if
entering a password. But this is not something I'm actively working on.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.