[MlMt] expiring deleted and sent

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Oct 25 05:30:22 EDT 2018

>> If that is correct, that would be too seldom. I delete like 200 to
>> 500 emails a day, so the deletion queue would accumulate quite a bit
>> over the month, way beyond what I can inspect optically
>> (occasionally, I archive some mails after all).
>
> Using 365 days instead of 12 months would round it to the beginning of
> a day instead.

Ah, okay, I will try that, although as I said 1 day is really too long
for the volume of mail I have.

>> regardless whether I count days, weeks or months. I am guessing that
>> you probably wouldn’t have to change much the actual execution for
>> that option, just add the interface to set it. Well, you could simply
>> add further options to that popup, like daily at 1am, daily at 7am,
>> daily at 1pm, daily at 7pm. Yeah, 4 options for time would do, me
>> thinks.
>
> Until someone comes along saying that 2pm is much better than 1pm.

Yeah, that could be a global setting.

> I guess this would kind of be like using “not within past 6 hours”
> but limited to the start of every 6 hours. This is hard to
> communicate/understand and probably not very useful in general.

Yes, that is what I am after. Checking once a day would be fine if I was
not inspecting the list. Since I do, it should not be too long.

> Maybe it's better done using a global setting which forces all
> date-based conditions (except hours/minutes) to only update at
> specific times of the day. Technically, I think this is a bit tricky
> to get right though...

The problem with a global setting is that some mailboxes should continue
to update all the time whereas some should update only on a schedule. I
use both. However, as indicated above, a global setting could specify
the reference time for each user and mailboxes could be set to check
every 6 or every 12 hours from that time, as needed.

Robert