[MlMt] expiring deleted and sent

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Wed Oct 10 18:37:36 EDT 2018

Oh, I somehow missed your adding that option. I just checked and see it,
although some explanation is needed. If I have a mailbox with the
condition “date-received is not within last 12 months” what does the
option “limit at start of the month” exactly do? At first reading,
it sounds like it will check only once a month. If that is correct, that
would be too seldom. I delete like 200 to 500 emails a day, so the
deletion queue would accumulate quite a bit over the month, way beyond
what I can inspect optically (occasionally, I archive some mails after
all).

My suggestion would be to offer further options: once a month, once a
week, once a day if counting months, once a week, once a day if counting
weeks, etc. However, the most optimal, at least for me, would be if I
could specify the time of the day for the check to execute, regardless
whether I count days, weeks or months. I am guessing that you probably
wouldn’t have to change much the actual execution for that option,
just add the interface to set it. Well, you could simply add further
options to that popup, like daily at 1am, daily at 7am, daily at 1pm,
daily at 7pm. Yeah, 4 options for time would do, me thinks.