[MlMt] Forwarding as attachment corrupts attachments (in some cases).

Fri May 18 04:10:01 EDT 2018

On 10 May 2018, at 4:55, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> If I then forward that as an attachment, the attachment size increases
> to 2.1MB.  But not always.  When this size discrepancy appears, I know
> the receiving end won't be able to open the attached image (even
> though MailMate displays the attached email message, and the
> attachment name/type for preview/save).

It's not unusual that the size increases, because the attachments have
to be encoded as plain text, but this is still a hint.

> If I simply forward that same message (but not as an attachment), it
> stays working, 100% of the time.

> Is it just me?  This used to work, but, I don't know whether something
> has changed with MM, Microsoft, or solar flares...

Maybe MailMate is encoding it in a way that Microsoft doesn't like.
Based on your output it seems that MailMate *might* be unnecessarily
re-encoding something as quoted printable and Outlook doesn't like that,
but I'm not sure about that. Could you send me your examples (both
variants) using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”. It's best if you first
drag the emails out of MailMate and then use the Finder to
“Compress” them. That way we can be sure MailMate doesn't re-encode
anything when you send them to me.