[MlMt] due dates?

Thu Mar 22 08:39:19 EDT 2018

On 19 Mar 2018, at 14:16, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> FWIW, MailTags accomplishes this by adding a X-MailTag-*** header to
> the message, containing the date in JSON-formatted notation.  This is
> usually preserved by the server, making it visible to multiple
> clients.  I suppose IMAP keywords could also be used, but MailTags
> chose not to use that for any of its implementation (even its tags
> don't use IMAP tags).

It's an understandable design choice, but the problem is that the email
format (and IMAP) was not designed for this. An email is read only.
Changing a single header requires re-uploading the entire email. Given
how often tags might be altered then this could be extremely inefficient
for large emails. Due dates are perhaps a bit less frequently used, but
it's still not a very satisfactory solution.

(MailMate does have a feature which allows changing headers, but this is
intended for more rare actions such as changing the subject of an
email.)