[MlMt] due dates?

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:16:26 EDT 2018

On 19 Mar 2018, at 6:33, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 14:38, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, has any thought been given to implement something
>> along those lines?
>
> I've got some notes based on requests for various similar features,
> but it's not a high priority at the moment.
>
> The typical request is of the nature that “due” emails should
> return to the Inbox. Your request is a bit different, but it's
> basically the same thing: The ability to put a date on a message and
> then being able to use this date in other parts of the MailMate
> interface (smart mailboxes, coloring, moving back to Inbox, ...).
>
> (Implementation-wise, *one* of the tricky problems is that it would be
> best if the feature properly synchronizes between multiple installs of
> MailMate.)

FWIW, MailTags accomplishes this by adding a X-MailTag-*** header to the
message, containing the date in JSON-formatted notation.  This is
usually preserved by the server, making it visible to multiple clients.
I suppose IMAP keywords could also be used, but MailTags chose not to
use that for any of its implementation (even its tags don't use IMAP
tags).

-Eric