[MlMt] Ugh - switched hosts and my mail is a mess

Fri Mar 9 04:35:24 EST 2018

On 6 Mar 2018, at 14:28, Annamarie wrote:

> I thought I sent another email about this - but I don't see it showing
> up.

You can also check the archive when in doubt:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/

> So that error message and the resynchronize - deletes mail. I now have
> three accounts gone.

As noted before I replied to the
[ticket](https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/1964-resynchronization-problems#ticket-1964-2)
you created, but I would just like to emphasize (for the list) that the
resynchronization performed by MailMate is just MailMate bringing the
local cache into sync with the IMAP mailbox. This will only result in an
empty mailbox in MailMate if the mailbox was already empty on the
server. It cannot work any other way, but MailMate does warn the user
before doing this (when it's related to a change in the so-called
UIDVALIDITY value which happens very rarely for most servers).

> P.S. I HATE changing hosting services. It's always hours of work.

It's unfortunately rarely a 1-click experience :-|