[MlMt] Filter report

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Sun Mar 4 23:45:10 EST 2018

One of Eudora’s features I relied on was the Filter Report window,
which showed a summary of the filters that moved messages since Eudora
was launched, e.g.,:

Mail checked at 2:31 AM:
23 messages moved to Foo
1 message moved to Gork/Bar
3 messages moved to Plex

Mail checked at 2:40 AM:
1 message moved to Foo

It only reported when messages were actually moved, so if there were
mail checks (per schedule, manual, or because of IDLE push) where
messages were moved, it was written, but if there were mail checks when
no mail was moved (no new mail or new mail but no filters moved
messages) then no lines were added to the window.  I liked to scan the
report to see which mailboxes had recent stuff and which were most
active.

Filters had options to add to the Filter Report window or not, so
filters that you didn’t want to know about were silent.

Is there a way to cause something similar?  Perhaps a filter action to
add to a summary line in some sort of pane?

--Randall