[MlMt] Tags in r5460

Mon Mar 5 11:35:03 EST 2018

On 5 Mar 2018, at 17:27, Eric Sharakan wrote:

>> Yes, as I noted, I do now have both TODO & Todo in my preference
>> pane. I'm pretty sure the "Todo" variant didn't exist before I
>> updated to r5460. So my first concern is how it got added; perhaps we
>> might not be able to get to the bottom of that?

MailMate has an auto-create feature to easily create new tags (which is
triggered when entering an unknown tag name). It shows a “warning”
sheet the first time which can then be suppressed if the user tells it
to do so.

>> Check the Tags preferences pane to make sure you only have the `TODO`
>> variant.
>
> Are you saying I should remove the "Todo" variant from my Tags
> preference pane?

Yes.

> I'm hesitant to do that; what will happen to any messages that are
> tagged with either "TODO" or "Todo"?  I want things like they were in
> r5443: all such messages show as "TODO", with the associated emoticon.
>  What I _really_ don't want is all messages with the "Todo" tag to
> lose the tag altogether.

That won't happen. The “Tags” preferences is just a mapping between
tag display names and IMAP keywords. Removing such a mapping does *not*
clear the corresponding IMAP keyword of the involved messages.