[MlMt] Tags in r5460

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:27:47 EST 2018

On 5 Mar 2018, at 10:10, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2018, at 17:55, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> I used mixed case tags a ton; some are all lower case, some all
>> upper, and some a mix.  I haven't seen this issue with other tags
>> yet, but it seems like it's certainly possible for this to occur on
>> my other tags.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> Based on your description I'm thinking you might have more than 1 tag
> defined for todo-items.

Yes, as I noted, I do now have both TODO & Todo in my preference pane.
I'm pretty sure the "Todo" variant didn't exist before I updated to
r5460.  So my first concern is how it got added; perhaps we might not be
able to get to the bottom of that?

But even with both versions now in place, shouldn't MM simply treat them
as wholly separate tags?  It's certainly not doing that; as I said, any
attempt to tag a message with "TODO" results in the "Todo" tag being
applied instead.  Worse, all my messages previously (and successfully)
tagged "TODO" now show with "Todo" in the header.

> Check the Tags preferences pane to make sure you only have the `TODO`
> variant.

Are you saying I should remove the "Todo" variant from my Tags
preference pane?  I'm hesitant to do that; what will happen to any
messages that are tagged with either "TODO" or "Todo"?  I want things
like they were in r5443: all such messages show as "TODO", with the
associated emoticon.  What I _really_ don't want is all messages with
the "Todo" tag to lose the tag altogether.

Thanks.

-Eric