[MlMt] Tags in r5460

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:59:14 EST 2018

On 5 Mar 2018, at 11:35, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 5 Mar 2018, at 17:27, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>>> Yes, as I noted, I do now have both TODO & Todo in my preference
>>> pane. I'm pretty sure the "Todo" variant didn't exist before I
>>> updated to r5460. So my first concern is how it got added; perhaps
>>> we might not be able to get to the bottom of that?
>
> MailMate has an auto-create feature to easily create new tags (which
> is triggered when entering an unknown tag name). It shows a
> “warning” sheet the first time which can then be suppressed if the
> user tells it to do so.
>
>>> Check the Tags preferences pane to make sure you only have the
>>> `TODO` variant.
>>
>> Are you saying I should remove the "Todo" variant from my Tags
>> preference pane?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I'm hesitant to do that; what will happen to any messages that are
>> tagged with either "TODO" or "Todo"?  I want things like they were in
>> r5443: all such messages show as "TODO", with the associated
>> emoticon.  What I _really_ don't want is all messages with the "Todo"
>> tag to lose the tag altogether.
>
> That won't happen. The “Tags” preferences is just a mapping
> between tag display names and IMAP keywords. Removing such a mapping
> does *not* clear the corresponding IMAP keyword of the involved
> messages.

Thanks, I've removed the "Todo" tag from the preferences pane, but
something's definitely still not right.  Newly tagged messages do now
correctly show the "TODO" tag in the header (with the associated
emoticon - yay), but in the smart mailbox I use to track tagged
messages, I still see only "Todo", not "TODO".  There, I still see only
"Todo", and it includes the message I just tagged as "TODO".

Then there's the mystery of how all my previously "TODO" tagged messages
seemingly changed from to "Todo".  Or did they?  Is there some way for
me to see the raw IMAP keyword of those messages?  Maybe this is MM
confusion, and the tags really didn't change from "TODO" to "Todo"?

Thanks.

-Eric