[MlMt] Filter report

Mon Mar 5 11:29:07 EST 2018

On 5 Mar 2018, at 5:45, Randall Gellens wrote:

> One of Eudora’s features I relied on was the Filter Report window,
> which showed a summary of the filters that moved messages since Eudora
> was launched, e.g.,:
>
> [...]
>
> Filters had options to add to the Filter Report window or not, so
> filters that you didn’t want to know about were silent.
>
> Is there a way to cause something similar?  Perhaps a filter action to
> add to a summary line in some sort of pane?

No, there isn't. One could create a bundle command which would do this
and then use that as you describe, but it would likely be too verbose
since it would run once per message.

But I do like the idea of logging rule actions in general. In fact I
would like to log all types of user and rule actions (also for debugging
purposes). Maybe this could be done in a way which would also allow you
to limit what is shown when you view the log. No promises, but I'll make
sure to note your comments on the subjects.