[MlMt] How to change key bindings in Composer window?

Sun Jun 3 04:42:14 EDT 2018

On 2 Jun 2018, at 20:33, Mike Hucka wrote:

> So, this is interesting.  Most of my key bindings from
> ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict work, but the two that
> don't seem to act properly are:
>
>         "~<"    = (moveToBeginningOfDocument:);
>         "~>"    = (moveToEndOfDocument:);

It might not matter, but to make it less likely to be parsed wrongly I
would write:

	"~<"    = "moveToBeginningOfDocument:";
	"~>"    = "moveToEndOfDocument:";

> Is there something special that MailMate does with respect to those
> two particular functions?

Not as far as I can see.

I tried reproducing the issue, but I cannot make the key bindings above
work at all. (I use ⌘⇡ and ⌘⇣.)

I also tried in TextEdit with no success.

> What happens is that instead of moving to the beginning/end of the
> document, they cause the cursor to move to the beginning/end of
> paragraphs.

That does seem to imply that MailMate is involved, but right now I have
no idea how.

Just for the record, I believe [this old
resource](https://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/cocoa-text.html) is
still the best one on system key bindings, but you probably already
found that one.