[MlMt] Does MailMate mirror everything back to the server?

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Sun Feb 25 14:22:01 EST 2018

On 21 Feb 2018, at 17:42, Ron Britton wrote:

>> Yes, when I switched to IMAP (when I bought my first iPhone and
>> wanted
>> to access email from it) I had some "mental issues" with this but
>> I've
>> changed my mind.
>
> I can see the advantages to it.  TBH, my current approach to email is
> not
> serving me well.  I frequently get overwhelmed by all of the stuff I
> get in a
> day.  I'd love to try an inbox zero approach, but my inbox has
> thousands of
> old emails that are too important to toss but not important enough to
> take the
> time to save out to the hard drive (lots of conversations with people,
> etc.).

I am using what can be called pseudo inbox-zero approach. All incoming
mails are in INBOX except those that are archived, trashed, or else, of
course. I have a smart mailbox for each mailing list (actually, more
active mailing lists have their own email address to make things even
simpler), family, clients, that is anything that is coming in more or
less regularly and is recognizable. Then I have a smart mailbox that I
call “unsorted” which contains only those INBOX messages that are in
none of my targeted smart mailboxes. With my set up, I get like up to
tops 20 emails in that mailbox per day and it is empty by the end of the
day. Not a true zero-inbox but the same functionality.

Robert