[MlMt] Does MailMate mirror everything back to the server?

Ron Britton n44fqcve5s at snkmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:42:34 EST 2018

Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> Yes, when I switched to IMAP (when I bought my first iPhone and wanted
> to access email from it) I had some "mental issues" with this but I've
> changed my mind.

I can see the advantages to it.  TBH, my current approach to email is not
serving me well.  I frequently get overwhelmed by all of the stuff I get in a
day.  I'd love to try an inbox zero approach, but my inbox has thousands of
old emails that are too important to toss but not important enough to take the
time to save out to the hard drive (lots of conversations with people, etc.).

>> Elsewhere on this list, people have discussed archiving
>> emails.  DevonThink, EagleFiler, and Foxtrot were mentioned.
>
> My personal take on this: don't bother (if you have the disk space),
> none of the email archiving solutions I've seen does a really good job.
> It's way easier to keep them all on the server.

Hmmm . . . It does sound like there are some advantages to that.  A lot of it
might simply be forcing my brain to accept change.  I had to use GMail on my
last job and never liked it.  A local program like MM that talks to the IMAP
server for me might be workable.