[MlMt] Sending delay... (~humor, not a MM issue)

Sat Feb 24 15:18:23 EST 2018

On 24 Feb 2018, at 20:40, Edward Thome wrote:

> When I want to make sure that I don’t accidentally send something I
> set a long sending delay, changing my default of ‘5 minutes’ to 5
> ‘years’.  MailMate accepts ‘5 years’, but can you believe that
> it does not recognize ‘5 decades’!

It'll work in the next update (quick fix) - just in case ;-)

> I apologize for the non-serious email…the flexibility of MailMate
> never ceases to astound me, in this case that it actually accepts
> years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, min, seconds, sec …so I
> decided to pretend to take umbrage at the fact that it does not
> recognize ‘decades’.

I should note that the feature is not as robust as it should be. The
send later “value” does not survive if the local database index is
lost. In other words, the email I scheduled to be sent to myself in 10
years (as a test) is unlikely to ever actually be sent. It would be
surprisingly tricky to make the feature robust without introducing the
risk of sending a message multiple times (not a quick fix).