[MlMt] Does MailMate mirror everything back to the server?

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Wed Feb 21 09:38:13 EST 2018

Robert Brenstein wrote (at 4:35 on 21 Feb 2018):

> The biggest adjustment is not to worry about emptying the IN mailbox
> but establish a set of smart mailboxes (and tags) to create a workflow
> similar to what you had before. Takes a bit effort but it is surely
> possible.

Smart mailboxes work equally well whether you keep your messages in a
single mailbox or file them away as usual. I expect always to continue
using a small range of IMAP mailboxes so I can easily find my most
important messages when I use webmail, my phone, or someone else's
computer: a mailbox for paperless tickets, for example.

I'm an inbox-zero type of guy and my inbox contains only personal
conversations in progress and urgent to-do items. Longer-term to-do
items go in a mailbox called "Review." Shipment notifications go into
their own folder to be deleted when the package arrives: this tells me
when a shipment has gone astray. You'll find your own system.