[MlMt] Does MailMate mirror everything back to the server?

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Wed Feb 21 10:29:41 EST 2018

On 21 Feb 2018, at 15:38, John Cooper wrote:

>> The biggest adjustment is not to worry about emptying the IN mailbox
>> but establish a set of smart mailboxes (and tags) to create a
>> workflow similar to what you had before. Takes a bit effort but it is
>> surely possible.
>

> Smart mailboxes work equally well whether you keep your messages in a
> single mailbox or file them away as usual. I expect always to continue
> using a small range of IMAP mailboxes so I can easily find my most
> important messages when I use webmail, my phone, or someone else's
> computer: a mailbox for paperless tickets, for example.

I would suggest keeping the inbox(es) as clean as possible. I move all
mailing list emails etc into mailboxes especially for this and then use
smart mailboxes for more fine grained control. And as John writes, there
is no good cross-platform solution for viewing smart mailboxes on your
phone, etc. So for this I keep four mailboxes "DoNow", "Fix",
"Reference", "ReadLater" and have a few shortcuts that quickly let me
move messages to/from these mailboxes. This way I can easily find them
on my phone etc. (My goal is to keep these as empty as possible).

= jem