[MlMt] Does MailMate mirror everything back to the server?

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Tue Feb 20 03:02:42 EST 2018

Ron Britton 2018-02-20 4:42 wrote:

> If I were to use MailMate, where would my emails reside?

On the server with a local cache in MailMate on your computer.

The local cache will stay in sync with the server. If you delete mail on
the server MailMate will delete it locally as well.

> What if I want to keep the server empty?

Then IMAP and MailMate is not for you.

But I would reconsider that if I was you. Providers like Runbox (Norway)
and Fastmail (Australia) have gotten good grades here on this list.

* <https://runbox.com/>
* <https://www.fastmail.com/>

If I was not running my own server I would most likely go with Runbox
since I'm in Sweden.

Fredrik