[MlMt] Involuntary database rebuilding = bug

Roger Bohn Rbohn at ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 20 01:13:19 EST 2018

I got an error message when I started MM today. The problem was tiny. As
I recall it was a 60 KB discrepancy in the size of the mail data.

MM then  gave me a choice:
  Rebuild from server
  Rebuild from cache (I don’t know what cache that refers to)
  Do nothing.
Then I must either Shut Down, or Restart” MM.

HOWEVER, when I select “Do nothing,” I get stuck in an infinite
loop. When MM restarts, I get the same choices. There is NO WAY TO AVOID
REBUILDING. This is clearly a bug. Why give a choice if it cannot be
used?
I’m now waiting for it to finish. “11 hours remaining,” although I
suspect it won’t take that long.

I appreciate MM trying to maintain the integrity of my data, but this is
a case where I am willing to lose a few messages in order to avoid the
risk of a rebuilding.

What should I do if this happens again? Thanks for any suggestions.
Roger Bohn