[MlMt] Multile message deleting, how to do this with justte keyboad?

Sun Dec 2 10:52:43 EST 2018

On 2 Dec 2018, at 1:02, Maurice Mines wrote:

> Hello everyone, I can’t remember if this had been covered on the
> list before, but how do you delete a large amount of messages from the
> inbox at once? I need to be able to do this by using the keyboard
> only.

It's a standard list view and therefore the normal keys should work,
that is, shift to select a range and the command key to select/unselect
individual emails. I'm actually not sure if this works differently in
VoiceOver, but I would assume that it, at least, works similar to how it
would work in the Finder.

If you need to delete everything in a mailbox then the context sensitive
mailbox menu has en “Empty” menu item. There's a hidden preference
to enable this for any mailbox. I would not use that if not really
needed. “Select All” (in the View menu) and delete should be good
enough in most cases and less likely to happen by accident.