[MlMt] Rule copying?

Wed Apr 18 11:03:13 EDT 2018

On 3 Nov 2017, at 17:45, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 3 Nov 2017, at 16:54, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to copy rules from one mailbox to another?
>> [...]
>> Right now, I have to essentially do the same work twice.  Probably
>> this is because I'm not thinking properly about how to do this more
>> efficiently.
>
> I don't know if you could do this differently, but I can tell you that
> my intention was that rules should be draggable and thus copyable.
> I've just never implemented it.

But I have now. The rules editor was very primitive and this was never
intentional. The latest test release adds the following:

* New: Rules can be reordered. Hold down ⌥ to copy.
* New: Rules can be dragged to other rule lists. Hold down ⌥ to copy.
* New: Rules can be hierarchical (use drag’n’drop to make subrules
or use the new actions menu).
* New: Rules work with cut/copy/paste.
* New: Rules can be deleted using the delete key.
* New: A rule can be edited using the return/enter key.
* New: Undo/redo works for rule
reordering/dragging/cutting/pasting/deleting.
* New: Actions menu in the rule editor which includes “Duplicate”
and “Add Subrule…” menu items.

It's naturally not unlikely that there are bugs. Reports are welcome for
anyone playing with any of these features.