[MlMt] Airmail and losing archived messages in Gmail

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Mon Apr 9 14:29:25 EDT 2018

I use AirMail on my phone, which is a decent although not perfect
client. My main issues are:

1. Reply-To copies the previous to to the reply, instead of just
replying to the sender. (Not a big deal).
2. Filing/Deleting/Archiving a thread acts on *everything* in the
thread, including the messages in my Sent folder. (That's just wrong.)
3. Archiving on GMail simply removes the tags and leaves the message in
"All Mail".

That last one took me a while to figure out. I have an AirMail action
that copies the message to OmniFocus and then archives it. (The ability
to create custom actions is one of the reasons I like AirMail). I would
do that, and then go to my Mac. OmniFocus would have a link to the
message (airmail:, but I have a script to change it to a message: link),
and I'd launch it…and nothing. The message had disappeared from
MailMate.

I assume there's no good way to make messages just available in All
Messages visible in MailMate?

So while I work on the AirMail folks to add an option to make Archive
move things to an Archive folder (which is what they do with Exchange,
and presumably with normal IMAP), I need to figure out how to get those
messages back into MailMate.

Does anyone know a way to find email messages on gmail that are *just*
in All Messages so I can refile all the ones that got lost?