[MlMt] MailMate tagging, Dovecot, and Thunderbird transition

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Wed Sep 13 14:24:22 EDT 2017

I haven't been able to figure out from the webs whether Dovecot is a
suitable IMAP server for MailMate.  In particular, will it support the
way MailMate does tagging?  And, if so, is there anything special I need
to do in the dovecot configuration?

This dovecot wiki page seems to suggest that it will not support
MailMate tags.

One more follow-up question: I'm trying to move from Thunderbird to
MailMate.  Is there any way to salvage my Thunderbird tags so that I can
see them in MailMate?

Thanks for the help,