[MlMt] My Office 365 Battle

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Thu Sep 7 10:22:37 EDT 2017

IT Security was planning on blocking both IMAP and EWS access because
Microsoft doesn't allow them to be IP locked and they don't work with
third-party OAuth2 systems. However enough of us screamed bloody murder
that they have backed off and are going to allow some of us to use
_Microsoft's_ two-factor system system, which Microsoft _does_ support
with IMAP and EWS. That will allow us to use per-application passwords,
and so we can continue to function.

I'm curious though. Microsoft's docs say that if your supports OAuth2
with office.com (as MailMate does), then it should work with Office365.
The docs aren't clear if that means "it will just work" or "you will
have done the same work you need to do there". I don't know, for
instance, if they share their list of registered applications.

Does anyone know if the MailMate OAuth2 support "just works" with
Microsoft's 2FA on Office 365?

I guess I'll find out in a few days.