[MlMt] My Office 365 Battle

Fri Sep 8 04:25:55 EDT 2017

On 7 Sep 2017, at 16:22, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I'm curious though. Microsoft's docs say that if your supports OAuth2
> with office.com (as MailMate does), then it should work with
> Office365. The docs aren't clear if that means "it will just work" or
> "you will have done the same work you need to do there". I don't know,
> for instance, if they share their list of registered applications.
>
> Does anyone know if the MailMate OAuth2 support "just works" with
> Microsoft's 2FA on Office 365?

It doesn't. A few months ago I tried simply using the `outlook.com`
OAuth2 settings. It was a long shot and it didn't work for
`office365.com`. If Microsoft provided a way to register MailMate for
`office365.com` then I don't see any reason why it couldn't work, but as
far as I know they don't.

This might be a good time for me to plug my own blog post on the subject
of OAuth2: https://blog.freron.com/2015/is-oauth2-support-a-good-thing/