[MlMt] Advice for new user

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sun Oct 22 21:52:06 EDT 2017

I have always kept my correspondence about projects in different
folders.  These folders include both the messages I have received on the
topic and also the messages I have sent.  When I used Thunderbird, I
used to BCC myself and save the messages by hand.  With MailMate, the
messages go into the Sent Messages folder, and from there I would have
to process them by hand, which seems undesirable.  What do other users
do?

One possibility, I suppose, would be to tag the messages with the
folders I'd like them to go to, and then have rules for the Sent
Messages folder that moves the tagged messages to their final
destinations.  This would work, but seems like it's going to be
cumbersome.  I have a handful of projects and a handful of other topics
all current at the same time, so this would involve a fair amount of
drudgery to make the tasks and write the rules.  This may be the best I
can do.  What I'd like, in my dream world, would be something like a
higher-order tag.  Something like
```
\SaveTo(Project1)
```
where one could write a single rule to use the tag's argument
(`Project1` here) as the destination folder.

Thanks for any suggestions,