[MlMt] Transferring mailmate config

Mon Nov 6 05:30:18 EST 2017

On 5 Nov 2017, at 22:13, Robert Kroeger wrote:

> Is it sufficient (or dangerous) to copy from `~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate` (while Mailmate is not running I presume):
>
> ```
> Identities.plist
> Mailboxes.plist
> Sources.plist
> Submission.plist
> Tags.plist
> ```

This should work as long as you have not already configured MailMate on
the new machine (with 1 or more accounts). If you have then start by
deleting the entire folder.

> Or do I need to copy some other files? Or are some of these better not
> copied?

It should be fine to copy all `*.plist` files in the top-level folder
like the files above. Some other settings are saved in the so-called
`defaults` system (e.g., most of the settings in the Preferences panes).