[MlMt] Decrypting / Context (Right-click) Menu Services Options

Tue May 16 06:55:41 EDT 2017

On 11 May 2017, at 18:22, Chris Hoofnagle wrote:

I believe I already replied to your previous message. I did it off list
since your message was blocked due to the size of the image, but I'll
repeat my answers below.

> All, I was able to get a screenshot that illustrates my problem—at
> least some senders of encrypted mail are not decrypted automatically
> in Mailmate. Screenshot here:
> https://berkeley.box.com/s/pp75yvygs9p1rzrpsgb738p4hozkn4oi

Would it be possible for you to provide me with an example message?
Especially if you don't see a banner where MailMate tells you that it
cannot decrypt the message. Note that I won't be able to decrypt the
message. I'll only see the headers/structure. Use “Message ▸ Forward
as Attachment” and do it off list.

> The sender uses GnuPG v2. The message shows up still encrypted, which
> is fine. But if I right click, the only context menu service that
> appears is “New MacVim Buffer,” despite that I have “OpenGPG:
> Decrypt Selection” selected in the Services menu. When I open
> MacVim, the context menu does offer OpenGPG decryption as a service.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know why that happens. MailMate itself does not provide these
menu items. Their behavior seems to be outside of the control of
MailMate. In any case, if it was possible to decrypt this way then it
should also work automatically in MailMate, so let's focus on that.