[MlMt] Question about spam / SpamSieve.

Jack Saturn jack at recdel.com
Fri May 12 17:50:32 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am a new user as of about a month ago and loving it. I was a holdout
still using Eudora OSE long past its expiration date, and am
appreciating all the versatility that MailMate provides.

My question is regarding spam filtering using SpamSieve, for which I
purchased a separate license.

I have two IMAP accounts, one at Hostgator and one at Gmail. The
Hostgator spam messages are getting evaluated/scored just fine, but the
Gmail spam messages aren’t. They get redirected to the Junk mailbox
correctly, but they have “[SPAM]” appended to the beginning of their
subject line and they don’t have a score associated.

My current process involves manually scoring the Gmail spam and then
deleting them, but I’d like to save myself that extra step. Is there
something I have configured wrong in my MailMate / SpamSieve
preferences, or on the Gmail side? I’ve got my filter set up in Gmail
per SpamSieve’s instructions.

Thanks for any help y’all may be able to provide!

Jack

Recursive Delete Audio/Visual
Portland, OR
503-427-8804