[MlMt] Question about spam / SpamSieve.

Tue May 16 07:00:11 EDT 2017

On 12 May 2017, at 23:50, Jack Saturn wrote:

> I am a new user as of about a month ago and loving it. I was a holdout
> still using Eudora OSE long past its expiration date, and am
> appreciating all the versatility that MailMate provides.

Thanks for the support.

> I have two IMAP accounts, one at Hostgator and one at Gmail. The
> Hostgator spam messages are getting evaluated/scored just fine, but
> the Gmail spam messages aren’t. They get redirected to the Junk
> mailbox correctly, but they have “[SPAM]” appended to the
> beginning of their subject line and they don’t have a score
> associated.

This indicates that MailMate (SpamSieve) is not moving them. MailMate
does not add a prefix and therefore this probably happened server side
except for the fact that I don't think Gmail ever adds such a prefix.
Maybe you have used some other service/software which would do this?

> My current process involves manually scoring the Gmail spam and then
> deleting them, but I’d like to save myself that extra step. Is there
> something I have configured wrong in my MailMate / SpamSieve
> preferences, or on the Gmail side? I’ve got my filter set up in
> Gmail per SpamSieve’s instructions.

I'm not quite sure which instructions you are referring to. Maybe a link
would help.