[MlMt] Question about spam / SpamSieve.

Jack Saturn jack at recdel.com
Wed May 17 19:11:44 EDT 2017

On 16 May 2017, at 4:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> This indicates that MailMate (SpamSieve) is not moving them. MailMate does not add a prefix and therefore this probably happened server side except for the fact that I don't think Gmail ever adds such a prefix. Maybe you have used some other service/software which would do this?

Benny,

Turns out I mistakenly thought those spam messages were coming from my Gmail account — they were from my Hostgator IMAP account, and SpamAssassin was turned on over there. Your comment about Gmail not adding a prefix lead me to re-check some of the message headers and figure out my mistake. Thanks!

Jack