[MlMt] Editing previous sent addresses

Tue May 2 03:00:43 EDT 2017

On 29 Apr 2017, at 17:52, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2017, at 13:51, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> If it's a small set then I would recommend just using Contacts to
>> keep track of these email addresses.
>>

> How exactly do you mean this, Benny?
>
> To recap: Wouldn't be nice to open a new email and have a pop-up with
> the previous used email-adresses *regardless if the email-messages are
> still in MailMate or not*?

I actually think the opposite is nice, but I also consider IMAP to be
the primary storage of email. I would never remove sent messages.

> How could Contacts be of any help for this?

Email addresses in Contacts are also shown in the email address popup.
These are shown even if no sent messages exist to the same addresses.

If MailMate automatically added all recipients of your sent emails to
Contacts then it would behave like “previous recipients”, but I
doubt anyone would want that.

(On vacation this week which means replies may be somewhat delayed.
Sorry about that.)