[MlMt] Empty smart mailbox not really empty

Thu Mar 23 11:23:02 EDT 2017

On 21 Mar 2017, at 19:55, John Cooper wrote:

> I have a small collection of smart mailboxes that only point to
> particular folders on my mail server. They have no conditions, only a
> setting under the Mailboxes tab that specifies the target folder like
> so:
>
> Any of the following mailboxes
> 	[server] > Tickets
>
> All of them work (that is, display exactly the messages I see listed
> when I click on the corresponding IMAP mailbox in my Sources list)
> except for the one I created this morning. That smart mailbox displays
> empty, although the target IMAP mailbox has four messages. It's stayed
> empty even after repeated synchronization, restarting MailMate, and
> updating MailMate from build 5347 to 5358.
>
> What's bizarre is that when I dragged a message from my Inbox to the
> smart mailbox, the mailbox is still empty--although the moved message
> does appear in the corresponding mailbox in my Sources list. In other
> words, I can use the smart mailbox as a destination, but it still
> won't show its contents.
>
> Of course, I've used the Conditions tab in the Edit Smart Mailbox
> dialog to try to find an alternative way to specify the IMAP folder
> without success.
>
> Any ideas?

No, but it's good that the issue is persistent. Could you send me the
following file off list:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

Let me know which one fails and I'll see if I can spot any potential
problems (I'm thinking maybe special characters or something like that
somehow triggers a bug).