[MlMt] Empty smart mailbox not really empty

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Tue Mar 21 14:55:33 EDT 2017

I have a small collection of smart mailboxes that only point to
particular folders on my mail server. They have no conditions, only a
setting under the Mailboxes tab that specifies the target folder like
so:

Any of the following mailboxes
	[server] > Tickets

All of them work (that is, display exactly the messages I see listed
when I click on the corresponding IMAP mailbox in my Sources list)
except for the one I created this morning. That smart mailbox displays
empty, although the target IMAP mailbox has four messages. It's stayed
empty even after repeated synchronization, restarting MailMate, and
updating MailMate from build 5347 to 5358.

What's bizarre is that when I dragged a message from my Inbox to the
smart mailbox, the mailbox is still empty--although the moved message
does appear in the corresponding mailbox in my Sources list. In other
words, I can use the smart mailbox as a destination, but it still won't
show its contents.

Of course, I've used the Conditions tab in the Edit Smart Mailbox dialog
to try to find an alternative way to specify the IMAP folder without
success.

Any ideas?