[MlMt] Changed prefs

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:58:21 EST 2017

On 1 Mar 2017, at 9:30, Rob McBroom wrote:

> Messages were suddenly being marked as “read” as soon as I
> single-clicked them. I just had to tell it to hide the preview again
> (even though it wasn’t visible to begin with).

Several people, including me, have reported finding that their preview
window was open to a width of one pixel or so, which meant that it
*seemed* closed/hidden, because it was too narrow for human eyes to see,
but messages were being marked read as soon as they were selected. I
don't know if MailMate occasionally spontaneously opens its preview
window or if it's user error (hand slips and invisibly opens the
preview?). It's only happened to me once or twice, but "Make sure the
preview window is closed. No, really, make SURE" should definitely be
the first troubleshooting step if someone sees that behavior unwanted.

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com