[MlMt] Changed prefs

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Wed Mar 1 15:59:47 EST 2017

On 1 Mar 2017, at 15:58, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Several people, including me, have reported finding that their preview
> window was open to a width of one pixel or so, which meant that it
> *seemed* closed/hidden, because it was too narrow for human eyes to
> see, but messages were being marked read as soon as they were
> selected. I don't know if MailMate occasionally spontaneously opens
> its preview window or if it's user error (hand slips and invisibly
> opens the preview?). It's only happened to me once or twice, but "Make
> sure the preview window is closed. No, really, make SURE" should
> definitely be the first troubleshooting step if someone sees that
> behavior unwanted.

Yes, you've clearly got the cause right.

I'm fairly certain though, that this happens upon opening MM2 after it's
been quit, so I don't think it's me accidentally hitting some key,
unless MM reads something from the keyboard (like a command-key press)
while it's opening, but that seems odd to me.

John